<$BlogItemTitle$>

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

PageRank Info from Matt Cutts

I know a lot of people who would do anything just to get their PR (PageRank) up a couple of notches. Back when I first got hold of some information of what PageRank is, I was one of those people who obsessed for a higher PageRank. But I can say I might have changed a bit.

Right now, I still care about PageRank, but not to the extent that I would do some things just to get my PR up a bit (Try PR redirecting for example, not really my stuff).

I stumbled upon the blog of Matt Cutts and read his latest post about PageRank. Matt Cutts clarifies that PR is more of a floating-point number rather than the integer that is displayed on the toolbar. So a tiny value of around .02 PR may mean a lot in cases sush as a PR 6.49 because it may be rounded down to PR6 while a PR 6.51 may go up to a PR7.

PR updates usually effect every 3-4 months.

A question pops up on the heads of those who had PR change, "Will it affect the SERP's?", Matt also clarified this when he said that as of the time you saw some PR change, the effects of this change has already been incorporated in the SERPS.

On to other things, Google just made another improvement, the Google Gadgets that you can put into your Personalized Google Homepage can now be incorporated to your own site or any site that you can paste the code snippet in.

What will they think of next? :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

Nice one from Google! Thanks for the info, I might use one of them on my site some time. :)

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home