<$BlogItemTitle$>

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Firefox 2.0 about to be released

I just had an update for the Firefox 2.0 Release Candidate 3 yesterday and was really thankful for the release of this one. It's much more stable than the previous release. I just converted to the 2.0 version last week since I was more fond of using the 1.5.0.7 version. When I first converted to the 2.0 Release, my first thought was, why the hell did I change? Minutes after running the 2.0 version, after a couple of tabs have been opened, Firefox just crashed. I though it was just a one time thing but I was proven wrong. Every 5 minutes, Firefox just crashes. So I was stuck with a seemingly incompetent version of Firefox for a day. Luckily the next day, an update came in and made my Firefox much more stable. But the program still crashes at least 3x a day so I was hoping of a better one. The first thing I noticed was the buttons for the home page, refresh and stop, together with all the buttons on top looked quite sleeker than before, and I liked it.

I was very thankful for yesterdays update to Release Candidate 3. Except for the fact that it is not compatible with several extensions(which can be solved by using Nightly Tester Tools to make Firefox 2.0 believe it is compatible with the extension) I am beginning to grow fond of this version.

With The release of Firefox 2.0 Release Candidate 3, Firefox 2.0's official release is really on its way.

Scrap IE7 and stick with Firefox :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home