<$BlogItemTitle$>

Friday, September 22, 2006

Yahoo Webcam Down!

"The Server is busy. Please close the window and try again in a few minutes."

This error message appeared when I tried using the webcam function for Yahoo! Messenger. I noticed it about an hour ago or maybe a lot longer than that, I assumed it was an hour ago because that was when 4 people, friends from different countries, messaged me that Yahoo's webcam function is down. I have friends from The United States, Australia, France and China that has noticed this which has caused me to try it myself.

It is around 3:28 in the afternoon here in the Philippines as I am writing this down. A friend of mine in an Internet Cafe, told me that business has been pretty slow today since most Internet Cafe patrons here usually use Yahoo's webcam, either for business purposes, for recreation or just to keep in touch with family and friends who are not physically present. These people rely heavily on this service by Yahoo, because sometimes email and Instant Messengers just wouldn't cut it.

On an entrepreneur's point of view, this may cause them to lose precious income coming from the service, specially for the Internet shop owners who provide webcams to the users.

Has the same thing happened to you? Is it just us or is Yahoo's webcam function really down as of the moment?

I posted this concern on SearchEngineWatch and Yahoo! Answers. Let's just count the hours until Yahoo! takes a look at this problem, maybe they are looking it up right now, who knows?

1 Comments:

Blogger Foreclosure Coach and Educator said...

I have the same problem here. I just bought Logitech Quick Cam....and its giving me the same message. And I haven't found out the reason on the internet why this is happening. I have Windows Visa and Yahoo Messenger 8.1.

Thoughts?

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home