<$BlogItemTitle$>

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sitelinks and Rush Hour

I can still remember what happened yesterday, being caught in traffic during the rush hour is not a pleasant experience. So I did my best to avoid traffic today. I woke up earlier than usual and prepared for work. I had my mind set on getting to the office on or before 7 am so that I can escape the menacing clutches of rush hour. Luckily, when I got to the bus terminal, the bus that was about to leave was not full yet so, lucky me, I would not wait for the next bus.

Ever notice that when you search some words on Google you get sub topics under some results like this very popular example HP, The question is, why doesn't all results get sub topics like these? The answer to that can be found on Google Webmaster Helpcenter. By the way, these sub topics already have a name and they are called Sitelinks.

As of now these sitelinks are completely automated, but i hope the big G will do something about it soon so as to have more webmaster interaction. If this pushes through, webmasters can display not only the main pages but also key sectors of their respective sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home